PayPal is universally recognized as one of the fastest and most secure payment providers in the world. It’s also one of the most popular e-Wallets, used for millions of online transactions around the globe. One industry that has always embraced PayPal is iGaming, as the majority of gaming sites have been supporting this payment service for quite a while now.
In the early days of the iGaming industry, PayPal was one of the top processors of online gambling transactions. In 2003, it ran into legal problems because the online gambling industry still wasn’t regulated. In 2010, it resurfaced back into the casino scene, but only for operators in jurisdictions where online gambling was fully regulated and licensed, and that includes several NJ online casinos.
Thanks to the partnership with many NJ online gaming sites, patrons on these esteemed gaming hubs that accept PayPal can use it to both deposit funds into their accounts and withdraw winnings from the site.
In our article, you’ll find all you need to know about the usage of this immensely popular e-Wallet provider, as well as which legal, licensed, and regulated NJ casinos support it.
Which Online Casinos Accept PayPal?
PayPal is accepted as a method of deposit by several regulated NJ online casinos. These include:
- Caesars Casino
- Harrahs Casino
- Golden Nugget Casino
- BetMGM Casino
- Pala Casino
- Party Casino
- Resorts Casino
- SugarHouse Casino
- Unibet Casino
- DraftKings Casino
How to Use PayPal at NJ Casinos?
To use PayPal for NJ online casino transactions, you must first create a PayPal account. This is a straightforward process, as it takes only a few minutes to open one. Just follow the steps below:
- Go to the PayPal website and find the “Sign up” button (upper right corner). During the registration, you will have to choose between opening a “Business” or a “Personal” account. For transactions at NJ online casinos, you must choose the personal account option.
- Fill out the registration form (username, password, email, and so on).
- Once you have completed the registration process, go to your email to verify your PayPal account by clicking on the verification link.
- You have now successfully created a PayPal account which you can use for deposits, and (in most cases) withdrawals at NJ gaming sites from our list.
Keep in mind that the email you use for NJ online gaming sites and the email you used for creating a PayPal account have to be the same. Also, the PayPal account must be opened on your name and linked to your bank account. In other words, you can’t play at an NJ gaming site if you opened a PayPal account on behalf of your friend or a family member.
NJ Casino Transactions via PayPal
Before you start using PayPal for casino transactions, you must fund your PayPal account. You can do this via direct bank transfers (NJ casinos only accept PayPal payments that go through bank transfers).
With your PayPal account funded, you can now deposit at NJ gaming establishments and start playing. Most gaming sites offer the possibility of making PayPal as your preferred payment method so that future deposits can take as little effort as a single click. To deposit at NJ gaming sites, follow these steps:
- Log into your NJ casino account (make sure that casino supports PayPal).
- Click on the “Deposit” option and select PayPal.
- Follow the prompts to enter your account information and the amount you want to deposit.
- Confirm the transaction.
- Enjoy your gaming session!
The entire process should be proceed hassle-free. If you bump into any problems, contact the casino customer support.
Many NJ gaming sites will allow you to use PayPal to make withdrawals, too. Withdrawing from your casino account using PayPal is a snap — just select PayPal and follow the prompts. Keep in mind that most sites will allow you to withdraw via PayPal only if you initially deposited using the service. Also, there might be a maximum cashout limit using this method.
Why Use PayPal for Transactions at NJ Casinos?
- Convenience — You can use PayPal for almost any type of online transaction. It is a versatile method widely accepted by merchants online.
- Reputation — PayPal is one of the oldest e-Wallets in the world, boasting over 300 million users around the globe.
- Speed and ease of use — Funding and withdrawing from your casino account via PayPal is a quick and smooth process. It takes only a few clicks and several minutes of your time to get started.
- Security — PayPal is a licensed platform that deploys state-of-the-art encryption technology and the same rules and regulations as banks in the US. In other words, you can use PayPal for casino transactions without worrying that someone might access your personal and financial information.
Is PayPal Safe and Secure?
PayPal is a payment service and, as such, it abides by the same regulations and rules that govern banks’ use in the US. This includes the USA Patriot Act and Regulation E consumer protections, ensuring that all your PayPal casino transactions are entirely safe.
Casino transactions made via PayPal are protected by SSL encryption technology. This software is used to safeguard the transmission of sensitive personal and financial information such as Social Security numbers, credit card details, and login credentials.
If you use PayPal for NJ online casino transactions, the operator will never see your credit card number or bank account information. PayPal keeps all the financial and personal information hidden from third parties.
Should you encounter any problems when using PayPal for casino transactions, the payment service offers Account Protection and Buyer Protection programs. These programs help prevent fraud, solve disputes, and provide an additional layer of protection for users if their money goes missing.
Are there any fees for using PayPal for transactions at NJ Casinos?
NJ online casinos don’t charge users a fee for making an account via PayPal. The payment service has credit card fees, but most NJ casinos won’t accept deposits from accounts funded by credit cards.
Why don’t I see PayPal as a method for withdrawal?
In most cases, PayPal will appear as a method for withdrawal once the deposit is made using this payment service. Keep in mind that you can withdraw via PayPal only if you initially used the e-Wallet provider for depositing on that casino account.
Is it legal to use PayPal at NJ casino sites?
Absolutely! PayPal only signs partnerships with sites that are fully regulated and licensed. Several reputable sites in New Jersey have been given PayPal stamp of approval.
Are casino transactions via PayPal fast?
Yes, they are. Since PayPal doesn’t face the same barriers as other financial institutions, all deposits and withdrawals go much faster. e-Wallets are known to be the quickest and the most convenient payment methods in the iGaming industry.
So, if I accidentally made a PayPal business account, is there any chance I can make a casino deposit?
Unfortunately, no. For transactions at NJ online casinos, you must create a personal PayPal account. You can try contacting the PayPal customer service to help you switch from business to personal variant.
Is PayPal a safe option for casino transactions?
Yes, it is. PayPal is a highly-esteemed payment service that processes millions of transactions each day. It uses cutting-edge SSL encryption software to prevent fraudulent activities and data breaches. You can rest assured that all casino transactions made via PayPal are 100% safe and secure.